SOAR Awards Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in the SOAR Awards. The following guidelines are being provided to help you successfully submit an award nomination and to help promote your business to be selected for one of the Online Community Awards.
Nomination guidelines are as follows:
- A person and/or organization can only receive each specific award once.
- Any person or organization can nominate for each award. If nominating more than one person and/or in more than one category, an individual application must be completed. Nominees can only be nominated in one award category; multiple entries will not be reviewed. Applications may be completed online for the Judged Awards or you may print and complete a form and return to the address below by the deadline. Only online forms may be used for the Online Community Awards.
- The deadline for submitting nominations is March 24, 2017. Online voting will take place from February 15-March 24th, 2017. Winners will be tabulated by the majority of votes received online.
- All nominees will receive email notification of their nomination along with a badge and widget they may use on their website and/or social media to announce their nomination.
- Our independent panel of judges will review all Judged Award applications and determine the top three in all categories. Top three nominees will be notified by email by April 11th, 2017.
- All Online Community Award applications will be tallied and the top three organizations will be notified by email by April 11, 2017.
- Each of the top three nominees will be provided a complimentary ticket to the SOAR Awards, to be held May 23rd at The Tangier in Akron. Additional tickets may be purchased for $75 on our website. Winners will be announced the evening of the event.
- Each of the top three nominees will be asked to provide a 1-minute digital video or 5-10 digital photographs to be used at the award presentation. Mature Services reserves the right to edit for time and content.
- Ineligible entries may be disqualified at any phase of the selection process without notification, as determined by the SOAR Awards Committee.
- Applications for judged awards may be completed online or mailed to:
Mature Services SOAR Awards
c/o Dawn Moeglin, Director of Community Engagement
415 South Portage Path
Akron, OH 44320
- Mature Services reserves the right to suspend or cancel the SOAR Awards at any time. By participating in the SOAR Awards, whether as a nominee, a voter, or otherwise, each participant agrees to release and hold the organizers, its employees, officers, directors, or other representatives, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the awards, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Participation in the SOAR Awards is prohibited in jurisdiction where participation is prohibited by law.
- Any person associated with the SOAR Awards hereby grants us the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free transferable right to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform and photographs, video, or other images in which a person or representatives of an organization, may be included at the event.
Tools and Resources for Nominees
Regardless of whether you were nominated for a Judged Award or Online Community Award, we want you to celebrate your success. As a nominee, you are being recognized by the community as an individual or organization that cares about aging successfully in Summit County, and that should be celebrated!
If you have been nominated for a Judged Award, you will receive a badge with widget code to embed in your website and share on social media. While you may not receive an actual award, you are still welcome to spread the news of your good work to help raise awareness of your efforts.
If you are nominated as a finalist for the Judged Award, be sure to share your great news:
- Focus on the importance of your nomination by issuing a press release and submitting your story to local media outlets. We have even provided you with a boilerplate press release.
- Share your badge on your website with a link to the awards page.
- Include your badge in your email signature.
As a local business interested in obtaining one of our three Online Community Awards, you have a great way to earn more nominations during the nomination period. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Place your badge on your website and link it to our nomination page.
- Post a story on a blog, website or share on social media. Encourage your personal and professional network to support you by nominating your business for the award.
- Send an email to your network of contacts encouraging them to submit a nomination for your business with a link to our nomination page.
- Include your badge in your email signature.
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors